TNA Wrestling has had quite the week that started with Slammiversary on Sunday, and has lead up to tonight’s Impact Wrestling. If you haven’t read all the news from this week, you can view a recap of the news here. One of the announcements was that Eric Young would be defending the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against an opponent that the fans would choose on social media.
- This week’s Impact Wrestling started off with Young beating Kenny King to retain the World Title after King told Young he would face him since MVP is out of action.
- Earl Hebner was the referee for the match and was “fired” after MVP was furious about King losing.
- The Wolves successfully defended the TNA Tag Team Championships against Samoa Joe & Austin Aries and Willow & Abyss in a triple threat match.
- The Wolves retained their titles in another match against Magnus and Bram.
- Tommy Dreamer appeared and cut an emotional promo in the ring with Dixie Carter. The segment ended with Ethan Carter III attacking Dreamer.
- Taryn Terrell returned and had an in-ring segment with Gail Kim and The Beautiful People.
- Bobby Roode returned after being “suspended” by MVP.
- Bobby Lashley beat Eric Young in the main event to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship for the first time.
— TNA WRESTLING (@IMPACTWRESTLING) June 20, 2014
Alex Barie has full results of this week’s Impact Wrestling here.