Hello ladies & gents, I’m back with another Impact Wrestling rundown. Hope everyone is having a great week and weekend. Remember to remain positive and be safe!
- X-Division Title Match – A really good match that I enjoyed. Petey Williams was the workhorse and looked good out there. I thought with the way he was taking out Kenny King while combating Zema Ion, that he may end up being the next X-Division champion but sure enough, Kenny King was Mr. Opportunistic as he pinned Zema after Petey had done the damage.
- Introduction of the “X-Cam” – Some may hate this but I liked the “X-Cam.” It presented a unique feel to the match.
- Mickie James defeats Brooke Tessmacher - Finally, the focus of the Knockouts division is back on the title and not Taryn vs. Gail. Looking forward to Mickie vs. Velvet for next week’s show.
- Bully & Devon beat up Joseph Park – This segment really accentuated how in control the Aces & Eights really are. Showing us they will do whatever they want to whomever they want.
- Bad Influence confronted by Aries & Roode – Funny, entertaining segment and it also setup the rematch for next week as Bobby Roode & Austin Aries get their rematch against Chavo & Hernandez.
- AJ Styles defeats James Storm – A hard hitting, physical match we saw from these two. This is the first time that we have seen AJ wrestle on Impact Wrestling since his loss to Christopher Daniels at Final Resolution and AJ looked good. He won the match by submission using a single legged crab type of submission hold which is a little different than what have grown accustomed to seeing from AJ in the past.
- AJ says no to Bad Influence – Daniels and Kazarian got their answer, the one they didn’t want. AJ Styles laid them both out and they along with James Storm were viciously attacked by the Aces & Eights.
- Matt Morgan points out Hogan’s mistakes – Something has to give with this situation. At some point, they have to have Hogan let Morgan do something. The longer they draw this out, the interest level will drop.
- Kurt Angle vs. Garett Bischoff & Wes Brisco – Usually, I’m not down on a Kurt Angle match but this match was all Kurt. Garett and Wes got zero offense in and that irks me. If you want us to take Garett and Wes seriously, then give us reason to because your not giving us a lot of reason to do so at this point.
- Aces & Eights beatdown Magnus – I really wanted to see Magnus vs. Devon happen, seeing as how I predicted Devon would end up losing the T.V. title to Magnus but we didn’t get that as the Aces & Eights took him out.
- Devon vs. Samoa Joe – Predictable outcome, the match was pretty short. Not a lot of interest.
- Hulk Hogan’s absence - Let’s think about this for a second in storyline sense. Now, if I was the GM of a wrestling company and a renegade group is running rough-shot over my roster and injuring guys, I think I would be there. It made no sense for Hogan not to show up.
Overall, not a bad Impact Wrestling show and next week should be a much better show as we got two titles matches. I expect the Aces & Eights will keep courting AJ Styles and Hulk Hogan will be in the house I’m sure.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter: @_CSpringer