Last night at Genesis, one of the highlights in my opinion, was the segment with TNA’s newest tag team, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, and Dixie Carter. If you didn’t see it, or missed part of it like I did before rewatching it on YouTube, basically Dixie said she was excited for their tryout match, but then Eddie and Davey said that they had already signed their TNA contracts. Dixie asked who they signed the contracts with and they said “They said she might react like this.” They then handed her an envelope thing with the contract inside, and she took it out and looked at it, and then said something about a new TNA investor. This segment was great in two ways, it debuted two of the most popular independent wrestling talents, and it began a new storyline. Since then, many people have been wondering who the new TNA investor is. After scrolling through Youtube comments, tweets, and watching the video over and over again, I have come up with a list of who I think could be the new TNA investors. (The list is not in any order)
5. Jeff Jarrett – Ever since nearly a month ago when TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett shocked the internet, resigning from his position in TNA, there has been a lot of people thinking it is part of some huge elaborate work. I thought that too, but over the past couple weeks I have started to think that it is legit. However, there is still a possibility that this could be a work, especially after this new TNA investor storyline.
4. Jeff Hardy – Although Jeff is the person the least amount of people think the investor is from what I’ve seen, it is a possibility. When one of the Wolves said “They said she might react like this,” it made me think it is someone who does not exactly like Dixie, and due to Dixie’s group costing him the TNA World Championship, he fits that category perfectly.
3. Hulk and Brooke Hogan – Before you track me down and come to my house to murder me, or go to the nearest bar at the thought of this happening, THERE IS LITTLE TO NO CHANCE OF THIS HAPPENING, I just felt the need to put it there, because it would make sense. But based on that TNA says they are starting a new era, that nobody would ever watch TNA again (half joking), and that Hulk is almost definitely working WrestleMania 30, there is a VERY SMALL chance of it happening.
2. Sting – For weeks, Sting has been leading the ‘Friends of AJ’ group, which basically consists of all the major faces in the company. Many people, including myself, think next week’s world title match will be Sting’s last appearance in TNA before going to WWE for WrestleMania 30, it would be pretty awesome if he got pinned and then said he was the new TNA Investor.
1. AJ Styles – Pretty much ever since AJ left with the title and decided to defend it nationally, people have been saying it’s all going to lead up to a huge return and he is going to be back on top as the top guy in TNA. I don’t know the likeliness of this happening considering AJ is working ROH shows for the next couple weeks/months, but it is definitely a possibility and would make a lot of people happy.